Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Moment Like This

Who would have thought that I would have come this far? I remember quite vividly the first 12 months of my relationship with my husband. Every 30 days I celebrated my ability to stay. I celebrated his willingness to put up with me. Fast forward 5.5 years later, 3 years today in marriage. I am flabbergasted. Flabbergasted the I have forgotten to celebrate the little moments. The 30 days, the weekend, the night.

I love each night when we crawl into bed and his foot touches mine. I find solace, serenity and love in that moment. I love each evening when our son leaps from my lap with the call of daddy on his lips. I find joy that we share such a miracle, that he is a father unlike anyother. I love that he reminds me to allow our daughter to grow up when he assures me that yes is okay every now and then. I love that he loves her even though she is not of his seed.

I love that he is an individual and free thinking. He has his own hobbies and freedoms. Because of this he allows me mine. I have the best husband around I know this because he is mine. There are not many that could live with me, and love me just the way I am. For that I love him.

On this day I conciously remember the vows we shared. I conciously thank God for the miracle that is our life together. On this day I am humble for I have done nothing to deserve such an awesome blessing. I am grateful for the quality of life I experience as a result of the love that we share.

I love you Sean. You are my rock, my solace and my serenity.

Happy Anniversary!


1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jen R. said...

This is a beautiful post. Thanks for reminding me of the beauty of staying put in a relationship!

Jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home