Thursday, September 21, 2006

Change is inevitable.

My poor sweet son breaks my heart every day. It is so strange as my daughter was such a mama's girl that I dreaded going to the bathroom because of the torture she went through if I didn't take her with me. Now my son is a daddy's boy. This does my heart good when I want to take a bath, or watch a show, or breath. But it kills me on so many levels right now.

My dear husband started back to school at the end of August and my son goes through this process, "daddy home?" Not right now. "daddy at work?" No he's at school tonight. "oh, daddy at school". Then the next night "daddy home?" I think so. "daddy doing homework" (these expressions come all inclusive with the sad eyes and the pouty lip) so then I attempt to be cool like daddy and play with our son. We go to his room and he will be pushing his trucks and four wheelin' over legos and books. I say can I play with that truck? No! that daddy's truck.. So I pick up an airplane. No! that daddys plane.. So I start to read a book. No! dont read.. Basically he wants me in his room to breath air but I can't play because what is not his, is daddy's.

I am dying here folks. Dying. At least I still have bath time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home