Friday, October 13, 2006

An act of kindness costs me nothing, but is priceless to the recipient. I will be kind to someone today.


It was earlier this week that I wrote about being of service. In case it wasn’t apparent to anyone who may be following along I was slightly disgruntled with the feeling that only a select few were willing to serve. Fast forward through the week and this quote pops up this morning during my meditation. How fitting? Do you know the first thing I thought was…? I should be that “someone” today. Talk about selfishness.

So it is Friday, finally. Friday is my favorite day for all sorts of different reasons but the most important is it is the beginning of the weekend. One thing from active addiction I could probably like today is not working or expending much energy, yet having enough liquid money to shop. Hmmm. Not possible, for me, through legal means. So I work. I am grateful for my job but I would much rather be home watching Oprah, err I mean my kids.

The one thing I do not like about weekends lately is Spongebob. I don’t mean to offend you Spongebob or any of your relatives, fans or friends. But, my son believes if the TV is on it should contain only images of Spongebob. I don’t mind cartoons and in fact actually enjoy quite a few. In fact, in fact, when I found out I was having a boy I was excited that I would get to watch boy cartoons (I know all about the gender debate, don’t go there). I was ecstatic. So my boy he loves Spongebob. I just got over this with my daughter. She just quit needing to watch and tell me all the details of the latest Spongebob show and now I get to do it all again. So I think this weekend we will stay busy. Fall cleaning, playing etc... Anything to avoid the brain numbing Spongebob.

1 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home