Friday, August 07, 2009

I sit here amazed still.

On August 9, 2003 I married the love of my life. I have always known he was the love of my life but due to life experience and host of bad relationships on the day I was married I hoped and prayed he felt the same. Today, I sit here amazed. I have come to my own understanding that God created this man just for me. Anyone who knows me knows I am not easy to live with. I have interesting quirks that result in high expectations of myself, my partner and my children. God provided my husband with just enough patience to live with and love me.

I look forward to the dawn when I awake and find him here. I am anxious for the workday to end to get home to find him here still. When we lay down at night I am sure to thank my higher power that there next to me lies the man that teaches me daily about unconditional love. He continues to respect me, love me, honor me and empower me to be the best woman I can be. He supports me in achieving my dreams and my goals and allows me to pursue those things as fast or as slow as I’d like.

6 years into this journey called marriage I am grateful I didn’t let doubt or fear keep me from taking that step down the aisle. My husband has proved to be much more than I ever dreamed. He is an amazing father to my children, a great supporter of their dreams as well. He is active and involved and often isn’t given the credit he deserves. The quality of life, family and love we share is far greater than I ever thought I deserved. For this, on this day I want to thank you Sean. I continue to be deeply and madly in love with you. Thank you for loving me and ensuring that I feel cherished each and every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home