Friday, March 03, 2006

I have been thinking some about this whole blog thing. Did you know people make a living out of this? How is it that people are so talented as to take an ordinary life and create something entertaining,........something that raises money?

I can think of many things I would like to have money for but I have been thinking could I in my spare time create a recovery blog that might raise a little money for my non-profit venture with 8 other recovering individuals.

Maybe I will have to reach out to those blogging women I pass time with during the week?

Here is the information. In our area in Northern Utah there was no place for people in recovery to meet or to gather unless they were a member of a specific fellowship. This created a difficult situation on many occasions due to the addicts ability to procrastinate. It also was difficult when irresponsible members allowed their children to create problems with groups meeting in rented space. SO, a group of people got together and decided to find a way to provide a place for all members of the recovery community to gather and share their experience, strength and hope.

This place opened with a bang, well it opened several times but the official successful gathering was New Year's 2006. This is bound to be a great place. A life saving place. A place where no addict seeking recovery need ever die.

However, I have apprehension about the money it has cost several members and 1 in particular. How can this club ever become self sufficient, let alone repay these selfless people? This is my journey to find support financially to ensure this club exists for a long time.....just for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home